Frequently Asked Questions
Delivery & Order Status
When will I receive my prescription order?
You can expect your order to arrive at your U.S. postal address within 14 days. To make sure you receive your refills before your current supply runs out, re-order at least two weeks before you need your refill — and you may want to allow a few extra days for APO/FPO delivery.
How do I check the status of an order?
To check Order Status, login to Express-Scripts.com/TRICARE, select Manage Prescriptions and then Check Order Status for up to date information or or call toll-free, 877.363.1303. Please note, if your prescription requires additional research (for example, if a pharmacist has to contact your doctor for more information), your order may not appear on your online account until the research is completed.
What could cause my prescription order to be delayed?
On rare occasions, your order may be briefly delayed. These delays can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Your prescription may need prior authorization or a letter of medical necessity.
- We may be getting clarification on your eligibility or dual benefits.
- We may need your doctor to clarify your prescription.
- Your medication may be temporarily out of stock.
- Your medication may need to be shipped on ice. In this case, we need your approval for delivery time.
If a delay occurs, we will make every attempt to keep you informed.
Where will my prescription order be delivered?Your order will be mailed to any U.S. postal address, including temporary addresses, APO and FPO that we have on file for you. Orders cannot be mailed to a private foreign address.
Can I request rush shipping for my prescription order?
Yes. You will be charged $21 per order for any type of rush shipping and each family member's medications are shipped as separate orders. Therefore, if you order medications for three different family members and request rush shipping for all of those medications, your shipping costs would total $63 ($21 X 3 orders). Please note that rush shipping is not available for APO/FPO addresses.
What do I do if I have more than one address?
To add a temporary address with a start and end date or to change an address, sign in to your online account and update your information or call 877.363.1303.
What if I want to use Home Delivery, but I need to start my maintenance medications immediately?
If you need to start taking your maintenance medication right away:
- Have your doctor write two prescriptions for your medication — one for a short-term supply from a participating local pharmacy and one for a long-term supply for Home Delivery from the Express Scripts Pharmacy.
- Fill the short-term prescription immediately at a participating local pharmacy.
- Submit the long-term prescription and a prescription order form to the Express Scripts Pharmacy. You can get an order form by logging into Express-Scripts.com/TRICARE and print a form from the Print Forms page under Health & Benefits Information section.
What if I am low or out of my medication and need immediate assistance?
If you are low or out of your medication and need immediate assistance, contact us.