Your Choice of TRICARE Retail Pharmacies Changes Dec. 1, 2016
Express Scripts added Walgreens to the TRICARE® retail pharmacy network on Dec. 1, 2016. CVS and CVS pharmacies in Target stores are no longer in the network.
IMPORTANT: If you are still filling prescriptions at a CVS pharmacy, you need to transfer all your prescriptions now to avoid paying the full retail price* for your medication.
What You Need to Know
- CVS pharmacies are no longer included in the TRICARE retail pharmacy network as of Dec. 1. If you continue filling your prescriptions at a CVS pharmacy, you will pay the full retail price for your drugs.
- If you still have a prescription at a CVS pharmacy, you need to transfer it now to another pharmacy option.
- It’s easy to find another TRICARE Network Pharmacy near you.
- More than 58,000 pharmacies are in the TRICARE network, including other national chains, grocery chains and independent pharmacies.
- You can now fill your prescriptions at Walgreens.
* Please note: Beneficiaries can file a claim for a partial reimbursement of the cost of their medication when filling at a non-network pharmacy. For more information, visit tricare.mil/CoveredServices/Pharmacy/FillPrescriptions/NonNetwork.
Convenient Ways to Transfer Prescriptions
- Call or visit your new retail pharmacy with your current prescription bottle or label. Ask the pharmacist there to help transfer your prescription for you.
- Ask your doctor to send your prescription drug information to your new retail pharmacy.
Other Pharmacy Choices
If you fill prescription drugs to treat long-term, chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure, a military pharmacy or TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery are your lowest cost options.
Call your military pharmacy, where there is no cost to fill your prescription, and ask whether your drug is available before you transfer the prescription drug from a retail network pharmacy. Visit tricare.mil/mtf for contact information.
TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
Next to your military pharmacy, Home Delivery is the best option for filling maintenance drugs and you may save money. Check to see if your prescription drugs, including any specialty drugs, are eligible for TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery by calling 855.778.1417.
Home Delivery offers many benefits:
- Your formulary generic drugs and standard shipping are FREE.
- You receive up to a 90-day supply of your maintenance drugs, delivered safely in a weather-resistant pouch.
- You have 24/7 access to nurses and pharmacists from the privacy of your own home.
- You never have to worry about running out of your drugs when you sign up for automatic refills and refill reminders.
- When you fill a specialty drug in Home Delivery, you’re automatically enrolled in the Specialty Medication Care Management Program at no cost to you. The program gives you additional care and support to help you manage your chronic condition.
- To learn more about Home Delivery, go to TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery.
Designating a Caregiver
If someone helps you manage your prescription drugs, you should consider designating them as a caregiver for your pharmacy benefit. When you designate a caregiver, this person will be able to order refills, check order status, discuss a new medication and move your prescription to a new pharmacy or Home Delivery. Begin by logging into your Express Scripts account on the TRICARE Home Page. Once logged in, navigate to My Account and select Designate a Caregiver.
We’re committed to providing the highest level of service to ease this transition. If you have any questions about your benefit or you need help transferring your prescription drugs, please call 855.778.1417.