What is the Purpose of the Pharmacy Student Intern Summer Program?
The Pharmacy Student Internship Program is a structured learning program that focuses on the use of cognitive and clinical skills, giving pharmacy students the opportunity to learn first-hand more about the exciting career and professional development opportunities available in managed care pharmacy. In a summer internship, students gain a valuable work experience learning and utilizing managed care principles and concepts, and developing skills and competencies necessary to become successful practitioners in a managed care pharmacy practice setting.
The Goals and Objectives of the Internship Program:
Summer Intern Opportunities
- Provide exposure to the most dynamic and innovative practice setting in
- Provide an opportunity to meet and network with managed care pharmacists and
management; many of whom are recognized thought leaders.
- Gain valuable work experience while learning about the company and the
pharmacy benefits management (PBM) industry.
- Gain valuable insight into the company's operations and the healthcare industry
in general, to help in deciding your career path upon graduation.
- Assist with the acquisition of critical knowledge, skills, and competencies
necessary to begin a managed care pharmacy career.
If you are interested in joining the leader in managed care and pharmacy benefit management as a summer pharmacy student intern, we offer a range of opportunities at locations across the country.
Candidates are required to be in pharmacy school, preferably late in the second year and beyond. The program length ranges from 10 to 12 weeks. Housing is not included.
- Letter of interest explaining why you would like to participate in our summer internship
- Two references who may be contacted during the application process
Please click here to visit our career website and search for internship openings.