Two-step verification keeps your account safe by adding more security. When you log in to your account, you’ll need your username, password, and a single-use code that we’ll send to your registered email or mobile phone number.
Setup is simple. We’ll send a confirmation code to the email registered to your account.
Follow these steps:
- Enter your username and password (or log in with your single sign-on connection or biometrics).
- We’ll send a single-use code to your registered email.
- Enter the code and access your account.
Once you've accessed your account, you can choose to add text messages as an option for two-step verification. Go to Two-Step Verification under Account to set this up.
Two-step verification is required to log into express-scripts.com, militaryrx.com, and the Express Scripts® mobile app. It adds an extra layer of security to protect personal and health-related data from unauthorized access. We added this feature to keep your account safe.
After setup, you can change the email address that we send the code to at any time. Log in and go to Two-Step Verification under Account to change your email address. If you can’t access your registered email for the initial setup, please call us at (800) 711-5672. We can change your email address if you no longer have access.
Two-step verification via text message is now available. At this time, you are still required to use your registered email to set up two-step verification the first time. After this initial setup, you can choose to add text messages as a two-step verification method, and then you’ll be able to choose which contact method you want to use during each login.
Entering a new code each time during login helps us to make sure someone is not trying to access your account without your consent.
If you are using a trusted device (like a personal computer or smart phone), you can verify your device and browser for six months. This way, you won’t have to enter a code each time you log in. To verify your device, select the checkbox "Remember my login information" on the screen where you enter your username and password.
If you use a different device or browser, you’ll have to verify again.
Please note that the "Remember my login information" option is not currently available for single sign-on (SSO) or mobile app users, but we are working to add this feature as soon as possible.
Each time you restart the login process or request a new code, all previous codes become invalid. To make sure that you’re entering the most recent code, try these steps:
- Delete all previous emails or texts you’ve received from Express Scripts that contain a code for two-step verification.
- Wait 15 minutes.
- Click “Send a new code” or begin the login process again to get a new code.
For your single-use code to work, you must keep the two-step verification page open on your browser. If you leave the page and then log in again, you will need a new code.
To help keep your account secure, your single-use code will expire after a specific amount of time. Your code will expire after 15 minutes if it was sent via email or 5 minutes if it was sent via text message. This is to make it harder for an unauthorized user to access your account without your consent.
First, make sure you are only entering the most recent code that was sent. Each time you restart the login process or request a new code, all previous codes become invalid.
If your code is still arriving too late, please call our web support team at (800) 711-5672 for help.
If you requested a code via email:
- Check to see if the email containing your code was sent to your Spam or Trash folders.
- If you still don't see the email, try waiting for a few minutes. Some email providers take longer than others to process emails that are sent to them.
- Click the "Send a new code" link on the code entry screens to get a new code.
- Finally, if you still haven't received your code, please call our web support team at (800) 711-5672 to use an alternative email address to verify your account.
If you requested a code via text:
- If you don’t receive a code, try clicking the “Send a new code” link on the code entry screen.
- If you still haven’t received your code, you can request that the code be sent via email instead. Once you have logged in, check to make sure your phone number is correct by going to Two-Step Verification under Account.
If you need help or have a question that isn’t answered on this page, please call us at (800) 711-5672.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us.